Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday 24 August 2014

A visit to Turner Contemporary at Margate

The UK is in the middle of a long holiday weekend. But it is my working weekend again. I have written about 2300 words in the last few days. But I finally finished all writing up!

In the previous post, I mentioned that I had delivered my work to the Cecilia Colman Gallery. Now my work is on their New Arrivals Article. Yay! : )
 
http://www.ceciliacolmangallery.com/pages/newarrivals.asp?ArtistID=103

*************
This morning, however, Mike and I went to Turner contemporary to see Mondrian. It is about 30 minutes drive. It was getting close to the end of the exhibition, so we thought we had better go!

In the town, I spotted this street art influenced by Mondrian.

Street art in Margate

The best part of Mondrian exhibition was this film about his studio. He made his studio as a 3D art work. I enjoyed it so much!



Mike was interested in this installation art by Dutch artist, Krijn de Koning. I became a model. :D





In other room, people seem to be most excited by this cloud. It was made of very thin plastic sheets held together with wooden cloths pegs. Mike said I should store all my wrapping papers like this! :D I was tempted to undo a few pegs, but restrained myself. :D 

Plastic sheet with pegs!
 The view from the upstairs was nice!



Back home, I have worked through until ten in the evening. Phew! : )



No comments:

Post a Comment