Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday 10 March 2017

Work for Ceramic Art London and An exhibition in Normandy.

Preparation for Ceramic Art London and my first exhibition (group) in France are going well.  A few bisque firings and one glaze-firing were done. More to go.

Working solid for weeks is like shaving life a bit and a bit. I will slow down to normal working hours sometime this year. But I have to get these two events done, first!


Apple tree
This mask is inspired by our own apple trees. We have planted three over the years. We and the wildlife enjoy the fruits. There are still a few apples left on the ground. Blackbirds and magpies peck them every day.

The next three works were inspired by the photo I saw on Twitter. In the New Archaeological museum, Patras, Greece, there is a display of a girl's skull with ceramic funeral wreath.



They are pink, yellow and gold. 




After loading the kiln with the masks and a larger piece, I fill the space with smaller animals. 


They are bisque now.




As for other sculptures, I will plan carefully how to load the kiln.


Owl for an exhibition, Normandy
Fish woman
She has eggs at the tail.



And the last one. I had to change the shape of the two balls at the bottom, as they didn't work out.



Owl. 



And his friend.



Those are successfully fired.

Now I am going to do bisque firing-for the rest of work. A problem is I have space to add one more, but there is no room for kiln furniture. I might re-think.

No comments:

Post a Comment