Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday 15 December 2013

Black cat and white rabbit for wonderful Kate Brinkworth

Hello everyone. I had been down with bad flu for four days from Last Sunday evening to Thursday. As soon as I got out of the sick bed on Friday, Mike went down with it, and he is now very poorly. It was the worst since swine flu. When I had seismic headache, I peeped from a duvet and asked Mike 'Is it Spanish flu?' He calmly told me, 'It is more likely to be London flu.' Fever had continued for four days.

This flu virus apparently ate a bit of my brain cells. It was so difficult to compose emails on the first day out of the bed. When I tried to think, fever came back! One good thing is that the virus not only ate my brain, but also ate my tummy fat. So, now I will keep slim until Christmas, and then indulge myself with the knowledge that I won't get another flu very soon!

The black cat

During the illness, I had been thinking about a little black cat and a white rabbit all of the time. They are for very talented Kate Brinkworth. I finished most painting on the cat just before I became ill on Sunday. I had planned to glaze rabbits on Monday, and to fire them from Tuesday to Wednesday. Of course, all went off the rail.

Today they came our of the kiln. They look so sweet! When I made the cat, I did't feel right with parts of the head, so I kept it in the fridge to keep working (clay won't dry out). After a couple of days, I happened to see a photo of Kate's black cat on twitter. Then something clicked, and he came out nicely.

Lovely curvy back
Kate is award winning painter. Her work is incredibly detailed and realistic. At first, I mistook them as photographs. Her work is in Alon Zakaim Fine Art on Cork Street, London. She is also a very lovely lady. I was such nice experience to make these little critters for her! Thank you so much, Kate!


Friends
Kate Brinkworth website: http://www.katebrinkworth.com/


         
  

10 comments:

  1. They look really sweet together like life long friends. - at least in ceramic form!
    Poor you....hope you will both be fully recovered for Christmas.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruby. I love that 'life long friends'! They will be!

      Thank you. I am slowly getting around. I haven't had bad flu for years, so I had forgotten how tiring it could be even after fever is gone. I hope we won't get anything else now. Take care! : )

      Delete
  2. Hello, Midori, sorry to hear you've been ill .. flu is such an awful thing to get, isn't it :( The cat and rabbit are very beautiful, your work always has something special, beyond words. Hope you and Mike feel better soon..and yes, well enough to enjoy the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark. Yes, it has taken quite lot out of us. Not only strength, but also brain! I can't remember or think much. :O Thank you so much! I am hoping that we sneakingly get well enough to just enjoy festive food in time! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I do hope that you and Mike feel better very soon and that you have a lovely Christmas. I love this black cat and am thinking that Mrs Black would love for you to make her into a Goddess in the New Year. Will be in touch. Off to read about Kate, sounds interesting. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We are slowly getting better, and will get fit enough to enjoy Christmas. :D Thank you. I have seldom made cats, but this year I made acquaintances with a few cats over twitter. I feel some feline spirit is coming to me! : ) Take care, Minerva. xxx

      Delete
  4. Hello Midori,
    I do hope this comment finds you on the mend and upswing .
    I have always adored the rabbits you make , to see this wonderful black cat next to it is such a delightful contrast . How lovely it is.
    I found out a few weeks back I am to have my first grandchild in the Summer !
    I will then be seeking you to make a special Ice baby for the newbie and also few other trinkets for my home , to fly over the pond ~ I am excited.
    I hope you and Mike get a lovely, restful, relaxing holiday .
    My newest post with the chickens ... I thought of Pumpkin ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello willow. Congratulations! I am so excited for you. How nice to have a little one in your house again! I would be delighted to make your special grandchild's special Ice baby.
      Thank you. we are slowly getting better. As flu affects all body, we are still bit fuzzy. : ) But we will be fit enough to enjoy Christmas. : )

      Have lovely Christmas, and it would be the last peaceful one for a while, I guess. : ) I can almost hear pit-a-pat. : )

      Delete
  5. your cat reminds me of the feral cats outside our motorhome that I am feeding and I am wondering what will become of them when we move. I just have to feed them while I am there since it is so cold. hope you and Mike are on the mend from the flu I am hoping I can keep the flu at bay for us this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have to take them with you to your new home? ; ) Thank you. We are slowly getting better. Take care, don't catch anything! : )

      Delete