Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday 28 September 2016

The land of Archaeopteryx

Mike and I are bird people in essence. We used to birdwatch every weekend, and to visit bird parks whenever we could. We have also lived with birds since we were married. So Archaeopteryx is to me like the great ancestor of our loved birds, or the ancestral spiritual guardian. I wanted to make work of them. This is the second piece with this theme. 

The land of Archaeopteryx, sold
Imagining what types of plants grew there and what the landscape was like is already exciting. I start feeling strong sunshine on top of my head and the sounds of leaves in the jungle.

This mask is now in a lovely lady's home in the South East.

Details


The first piece, below, is in Cecilia Colman gallery.

The forest where Archaeopteryx lived

No comments:

Post a Comment