Last Saturday I finished this face. It is going to be the second face for Harpie. The main part is going be reduction fired next week.
Last night I made a plinth, an unusual one, for the Harpie. Although I call it a plinth, it is not going to be weight bearing. It will hide a steel rod which will support the sculpture.
Some people remember that I recently bought a new camera for my ceramics. The day after the camera arrived, I took about 30 photos with the wrong setting. Clever readers like you would soon notice that the white bar on the left is the place for setting, but I didn't! I somehow set 'tulip' to the position of 'ON', opposite to the real place. So I unintentionally set for 'Av'. According to Mike, it happened to be fine for what I was doing. I used to ridicule my parents for their tech unawareness when I was young. (My father doesn't know how to use fax machines. My mother is not completely sure how to 'copy and paste'!) Now I should start worrying myself!
|I couldn't see the little white line!|
Pumpkin has begun eating mortar on the house again. This only means one thing - that she will start laying before too long. Her tail returned and her feathers are getting prettier everyday. Her comb and wattles will become much darker and the last pin feathers on the neck will unfurl within days. Then, she will return to her throne to peck us around! We can't wait!
|Pumpkin shot by Mike|