Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday 8 September 2013

Farewell


Hello everyone. How was your weekend? We mainly enjoyed relaxing time with our animal family and slept! I am going to take a week off from ceramics, so no studio time neither. First free Saturday since June!

Yesterday Mike and I popped in the gallery on the way back from the post office. I restocked my business cards. I have also checked red dots. Friday night we had to rush so we didn't have time to check them. Small human masks were strongest. They were all sold.

Answer was in the box III SOLD


Art theory discussion SOLD

Art theory discussion - side view


You have never seen last three. They went to the show directly from the studio, only after I realised I could show more than I expected.


Big Ears SOLD

Big ears SOLD

Mother SOLD


I made this after hearing a report that Syria government probably used chemical weapons on citizens.

Syria SOLD


Syria SOLD

Three sculptures had red dots.

Very old... SOLD

and even older  (the other side)


My friend was interested in her just before the show. But his wife wanted my porcelain jug, so they bought it instead. The next day, while we are setting up the show, a lecturer passed by and she snatched her. 


Out of sorts SOLD

I still can't adjust colours on this photo. Too many different whites on it.
 


Paper crown (left) and Angel


I add Angel here too although she had been spoken for prior to the show. She didn't have a marble plinth yet at this time. This is her true colour.

Angel - a loan from a private collection

I am often asked if I feel pain to part with my creation. I usually say, no, but when I see them together here and think back to the journey we have come together, I must admit I feel a bit of sadness. But they are going to really good homes and being loved. They will start their own new stories, so it is a bit like seeing a child leaving a nest, I imagine. Just like a parent, I remember all details of their stories when I see the photos. I had better take better photos!



10 comments:

  1. Wow Midori you have done so well - a great reward for all the hard work. I think my favourite here has got to be 'Angel'. Have a good rest from the studio - although I bet you'll find it quite hard to stay away for too long x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane. Angel could have been sold at least four times on the opening night. : )One girl asked her father 'Does she look sad because she broke her flower?' This touched me. I have tons of things have to be done, tidying-up included..., so I hope they will keep me out of clay for a bit! ; ) But you know better than I do, I guess. : D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Midori this is so wonderful .
    It is marvelous indeed to take such care and cultivate the creativity within .
    A great feeling as well to have others feel and see the beauty of it .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, willow. : ) I am very happy with the result. If I had known how large my space would be in July, it might have been different, but I guess not necessarily better. I treasure freshness and dynamics of my works. Keeping them fresh is a difficult aspect of creating art, and in my case, continuing experiments and test is the best way to do it.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Midori! The sculptures are all so wonderful and so expressive. They are powerful and haunting, too. Keep experimenting and testing! It works. In the meanwhile, have a relaxing week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlene. Yes, they are definitely haunting! : D A gentleman told me he could not walk pass the masks, because they caught the back of the shirts collar! : D Will do! Thank you, I am having relaxing week with sending invitations out! ; )

      Delete
  4. Hi, Midori, I really enjoyed reading your recent posts, thank you. You have worked so hard preparing the Show and I'm glad it was all worthwhile. All the works look fantastic as well as fascinating, I love the finish you achieved on the human masks.. a well deserved success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark. Thank you so much. It has been lovely so far. I am very happy. : )

      Delete
  5. I'm speachless... Your work is so beutiful Midori ! I'm in love with your masks ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ilona. They demand attention, don't they? ; )

      Delete