Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday 10 September 2013

What an amazing day!

Hello everyone. I had an amazing day. Do you know those days that start with good news, and feel so happy. Then everything gets better and better. Before falling into sleep, you really have to wonder if all these things happened in a day. Once some years or a decade, I have such a day. It happened to be today! 

Wasted talent
The first message I read while still in the bed this morning was from one of customers in USA. 'I received the mask today. I'm just crazy about it !!...'  How good is that! I was filled with excitement. If you create something, you know how I felt. In the end, what matters most is people's reaction. Artists feed on them. They are treasure to me. I still remember my first customer's message after she received my work. ( It was also from USA.) 

Wasted talent

Then I met Claire, a lovely graduate, for a lunch. She came down from Bedford to see our show. We had a catch up, and enjoyed a chat, so when I checked my watch, it was already the time I should be in the gallery! I left Claire to finish her drink, and ran. I relieved Yvonne from the duty. 10 minutes late!  

What Claire wore today! 

Claire looked at each work very carefully. She is an installment artist; she seemed to find some inspiration from some of students' works in the show. After she saw everything, I explained to her some of my works and how Mike cleverly secured my works to the plinths and walls. She could use similar systems when she does some of her works for display.

Answer was in the box II (Fit for a giant)

Then, our neighbours came with their friends. How lovely! They told me that they enjoyed the show. I wanted to show them what I do. They had no idea! 


Soon afterward, two very tall gentlemen came straight into my space in hurry. After a while, they looked upset. Just when I was about to ask if I could help them, one of them asked me if certain masks were sold. Yes, they are. They looked even more upset. So I offered to do a commission work for them. They want to go ahead with it. How wonderful! They are visiting Canterbury from Europe, so their mask will be shipped to the continent. Thanks to my Etsy shop, I have lots of experience shipping all over the world. I was able to quote the shipping fee from the top of my head, too.


Answer was in the box (eyes)

Then I had a great conversation with an English gentleman about my works. It is wonderful to be able to tell stories about my works. He was interested in Very old and even older and Out of sorts.


I was already very happy before the gallery gave me an offer to show some of my works after the show in a front room, which has not been used. I hugged Hazel, the curator. I always wanted to have a local gallery to show my works.


So after five, when I came out of the gallery, I couldn't care less about the light rain falling. Mike was waiting for me behind the gallery. I had lots to tell him.


  
  

     

   

 

12 comments:

  1. Yeah! What a great day, you deserve it for all your hard work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen. I will have sweet dream tonight. Without your trade mark Robin, I wondered who could be for a second! : D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzi. I am ready to create more! : )

      Delete
  3. What great news! I think that you deserve success, you are very talented and you give your work respect. I loved what you do the first time that I saw it. Well done you! Minerva x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Minerva! You made me a bit tearful. Thank you so much! : )

      Delete
  4. That is fabulous !! I am very happy for you Midori.
    You really do have such talent. I do know what you mean about how it feels to have creativity appreciated.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, willow. I wish all people here and Etsy could come to the show! : ) All of you have encouraged me all the way! : )

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! Great to read such a positive post and hear all your good news. I am already looking forward to seeing photos of your next Exhibition. :) I love the "Wasted talent" sculpture, it is so enigmatic..one of my favourites, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mark. it is not an exhibition, though. My works will be shown in a front room alongside the main exhibition in the main gallery. I would love to have my exhibition one day, of course! : ) I liked Wasted talent, as soon as I saw him. Bronze glaze is beautiful. Again, it was an experiment, as all my works are these days. The glaze combination worked so well. : )

      Delete
  6. It was really amazing day for you Midori. I am so happy for you :) And I'm sure you'll have your exhibition one day. For sure !

    ReplyDelete