Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Rainy afternoon in the Sidney Cooper Gallery

Hello everyone. I had a lovely day again. Lenka, a graduate in ceramics, came over to see our show from London. How wonderful! We met for a lunch, and had a catch-up. When we left a restaurant for the Sidney Cooper gallery, just as it started raining. We got in there just in time. She makes slip decorated earthenware tableware, and also studied politics for a BA degree.

Lenka in pretty spotty shirt

Lenka looking at Angela's paintings
I had a great chat with a sculptor. One of the fun parts of being in the gallery is to talk with visitors. Lots of visitors are artists themselves. She is going to do Artists Open House soon. Mike and I will visit her.

Then another lady from Belfast asked me to write a message to her neighbour who likes greyhound racing, on my little whippet sculpture that she bought. (my whippet sculptures are in the glass cabinet in the reception now.) It is the smallest whippet I have made. So I made it short, 'Jim, good luck!' I hope he will be pleased! She has visited her family in England, and doing sightseeing before going back to Belfast.

After that, we had a quiet patch. Tony with his trademark iPad. He told me that they put WiFi in the gallery now! I wish I had known that!

Tony sandwiched between Dariusz (left) and Yvonne's works. 
I did some wrapping job with Harriet. I would rather do something than nothing.

Harriet and Tony are having a great fun!
In fact, Harriet is very busy at the reception.

A view from the reception
She said that someone has to go to the post office. I declined. It's raining. And I am supposed to be in the gallery!

Raining. A view from the front door
Our show has a catalogue. A bargain for £3. Harriet and I are not in it, though.



Just before five, I had a great chat with a gentleman who participates in Zen. He noticed that I mentioned Zen and Shintoism on my artist statement.


Over the weekend, I have made several masks. Once I start, I can't stop. Here are a few of them. 

White slip on masks; Peter (right)

Interestingly, Peter appeared again. I am looking forward to finishing his mask. You can meet him here

This is tree spirit. I had to wait for a while before she appeared from the clay. I will see what she could tell me. 


 This chap is inspired by my experience in the MA show. He is a character. He has some opinion!



My business cards ran out, and they are in printing. It is taking longer than I thought. I am sorry about that. If you leave your email and name at the reception, I will contact you by email for future events etc..  Thank you!    


 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing the Sidney Cooper Gallery , even the view out the front door (like the stone pathway ).
    A treat to see your new masks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, willow. The gallery on a rainy day had different atmosphere. Peaceful and timeless.

      Delete