Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday 13 November 2011

Blue sky, Birthday lunch and throwing

Finally, blue sky! It lifts our spirit. Mike started morning with throwing. Well, actually he did dog walking, put laundry on twice and then throwing, hahaha. He threw two medium size bowls.


David Austin's rose.

There are three golden yellow roses opened, and autumn crocuses are enjoying themselves in November sunshine.I like golden yellow, which gives me energy and optimism.

 
We had a table booked at our favourite restaurant ABode for my birthday lunch at twelve. I had wild mushroom soup, roast of Kentish beef with horse radish sauce, and Catalonian custard with orange ice cream. The red wine they chose for me was very good with the beef. Mike had also the soup, then fillet of coley, and his desert was and carrot cake. Espresso was accompanied with macaroons. It was delicious. Oh, by the way, their bread is really good. I think the best in the town. My main course was too much for me even though I donated cauliflower and Yorkshire pudding to Mike. I am skipping dinner this evening. Mike is already looking at their Christmas menu online! He really wanted to read it out for me, but I am too full to think about food this evening.

The creamer

In late afternoon, I also started throwing. I haven't thrown for months, and two attempts went back to a clay bucket. But the third one became what I wanted to make. A creamer. I sold a creamer that two ladies wanted in Open House. So I am trying to make at least one for KAE Christmas sale, on the 27th November. While I was throwing, lovely Elaine came to collect 'The Sun'. It was very nice to talk with her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment