Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday 9 December 2011

Blue sky, 'Santa' Midori and another quick dish!

It was a lovely day albeit cold. There was not much cloud until three o'clock. My energy level was up! We had a busy day.

Euro summit kept me busy this morning. Here is the my choice of quote of the day,
Terry Smith of interdealer broker Tullett Prebon:
"[The UK is] as isolated as somebody who refused to join the Titanic just before it sailed"

Christmas gifts

I am a girl, but I also mark myself!
After lunch, Mike drove me to the post office to send the gifts away. At incredible speed and efficiency, we weighed them, sorted, tax-labelled them, and paid them up.

 Then I dropped Mike at his office, and drove back. After checking the market, I took Pearl for a long walk to the green. On both ways, we met a same cat twice. And both times, Pearl became bonkers! So I had to carry her away as she will be quiet when she is carried. She was heavy though...
Empty green

Then after work and quick dinner we went to town for shopping. A nice surprise was that the restaurants and pubs were full of people. There were some tourists too, but lots of local people came out for good drinks and for a fun!

Dramatic cloud came over

Mike's quick pasta for busy people.
Bacon tomato sauce

He is a good cook. This one is easy and quick. A kind of 'let's make something from what left in the fridge' meal. lol He used olive oil from a jar of sun-dried tomatoes. Yummy!

Fry garlic and bacon, then add cherry tomatoes. Once pasta is cooked al dente, stir them in, and season. That's all.It goes well Italian red wine. Mine was Piccini reserva. Desert was my favourite pannacotta!


No comments:

Post a Comment