Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday 20 March 2013

What I have been making.

Hello everyone. I have been working with clay at home from morning to night this week. Busy, but relaxing. I could take a long rest if I want to. But I don't, except for dog walks. Working with clay is such joy that I keep forgetting that I have to wait until the clay becomes certain hardness. It must be not too hard, not too soft.

The one I made yesterday
This side is bottom. 
These are not pumpkins. They are going to be parts of my sculpture. I am stretching the clay to see how large I could make.

The one I made today 
 
This side up
I threw cylinders and formed them with hands. I am leaving cracks and dents, as they are. There are horizontal marks left from throwing.

They remind me of sweet apple bread I used to have when I was a child in Japan. Mike said they are like gourds!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment