Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday 24 November 2013

Messenger from the North and Angel II

Hello everyone. How was your weekend? We finally managed to do a tidy up and cleaning of the house. It is so nice to be able to put the house in order. I feel better!

Let me share more images of my work in the show, Calm, Cloud part 2 at Sidney Cooper gallery in Canterbury.

This is Messenger from the North. She is beautiful. It might sound strange to you, but I fell in love with her. The sculptures I make are sometimes above me. They command me. She is quiet and elegant, but powerful and potent.

Messenger from the North

Messenger from the North (details)


Messenger from the North (details)

Messenger from the North (details)
Initially I was going to attach a porcelain wing to her, but the textures and colours of her body are so beautiful, I decided not to.

This mount was reduction fired. I love patterns; it remind me of big cats. .  

Messenger from the North (details)

Another tall sculpture is Angel II. He is serene and also very beautiful. He is calm, but he knows all sorrow. I made him after I heard that a friend lost her father to illness. It was so sad and heart breaking.  

Angel II
 He has beautiful porcelain wings.

Angel II

In this show, I am more contemplating about life and sorrow than before. It is sometimes incredibly difficult to accept facts in our life. To me, to have someone who knows and shares sorrow gives me comfort and support. That is Angel II.  


8 comments:

  1. I too have been contemplating old sorrows a bit in November.
    You are right it is comforting to have someone that understands and gives support .
    Creative outlets are also soothing usually for me, but
    this month I find it harder to concentrate on calm creativity and am scattered .
    These lovely pieces have such a soothing aura, Midori.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willow. I was wondering how you were. Thank you. Take it easy and go slowly. It is the darkest time of a year, and not easy for us and animals. Love. xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Midori,
    I'm in love with your Messenger from the North too... great work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativity and the amount of your work amazes me, both lovely pieces, I like the color contrast of the stand in the first piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. The mount was too good not to be used. I'm glad that I finally made use of it. : )

      Delete
  4. Hi Midori - I've just been showing Mike (my Mike not yours!) some of your work and he adores your Messenger from the North - he is from the North himself so I think he feels a bond! Sadly we are too far away from Canterbury to visit your exhibition but were wondering which of your pieces were for sale? Hope Topaz is enjoying the run up to Christmas x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane. Dawn and Dusk (cat girls) are still available. I am afraid, but all other sculptures including Messenger from the North, are gone, There are still masks available; Empress, Poet as well as Red riding hood. There are photos of current show here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/101620540@N03/sets/72157638047577565/
      You can see other available work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/101620540@N03/sets/72157635484435410/
      If you are interested in more details, please contact me MidoriTakaki (at) BTInternet.com : ) Thank you!

      Delete